Monday, May 12, 2008

Why Blog?

A question I've been asking myself while trying to think of a good first post for this, my first blog. A few reasons really, is the short answer. The most recent catalyst that has spurred me on has been my renewed interest in biology, evolution and psychology. I've been mulling over a few thoughts I've had, exploring posibilities in my head and enjoying learning new things, but when I attempt to discuss my ideas with my friends and family I become acutely aware of how rapidly I'm boring them! If I was of the scientific persuasion (which I'm not, and have no academic or professional experience in the field) I suppose I would write essays or papers on my theories and thoughts, and maybe submit them to a journal, or discuss them with work colleagues. But, as I said, I'm not! Hence plan b: the personal blog.


So for now, what I hope to get out of this is a place to vent my thoughts, because I'm too kind to inflict that brain vomit on family and friends! In time, who knows, maybe my blog might attract others with similar interests, and it could become a place for discussion. But I won't get ahead of myself, for now I'll blog because it beats talking to a wall, and I prefer the slim possibility of someone reading my blog and taking interest in my musings, than the almost certainty of me boring the ear off someone in the real world!

View blog reactions

No comments: